One Year Abroad!

Thank you all for following along as I blog about my year abroad. I will not be able to blog every day, but when I am able to post, I hope that you all enjoy! I know that it makes it easier for me just knowing that my family and friends are reading at home and supporting me even when I'm away!!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Oh, You Know Emily: That Girl that Disturbs People While Trying on Boots

So today, in between my classes, I went with Rachel and Hannah back to Reutlingen so that Hannah could get boots, and I could get some long sleeve shirts. And Rachel always enjoys a bit of shopping! We went to the C&A first, and after finding some clothes, we headed up to the shoe section so that Hannah could try on some boots. After a while, she decided on a pair, which gave me the idea to try on some boots too. With winter coming, a pair of boots would be ideal. (No, I will not be wearing sandals... I don't even have any with me). I tried a few pairs on without incident, but the last pair I tried on discouraged me a bit. I was trying on a pair of higher boots, as the ones I had tried on before were just ankle high boots, when I looked up and saw this older lady giving me a certain expression.
It was somewhere between a mix of:
Tommy Lee Jones' gazing stare of disapproval,

This random lady's look of disgust,
Tyra Banks' super judging look of shock, 
 Fierce!
and Ron Weasley's look of utter terror.
I'm not sure why me trying on boots offended this lady so much and gave her this expression. It definitely made me want to get out of there in a hurry, so I shamefully put the boots back, checked out, and caught myself a train back to Tuebingen. 
Weird day.
I had class earlier tonight, and now I am just relaxing in my room, reliving the strange occurrences of earlier. Tomorrow I have one class at night, and Doug and Jennie are coming to visit! It should be a great weekend! I'll just have to remember to avoid trying on any boots. (I still don't understand).

No comments:

Post a Comment