One Year Abroad!

Thank you all for following along as I blog about my year abroad. I will not be able to blog every day, but when I am able to post, I hope that you all enjoy! I know that it makes it easier for me just knowing that my family and friends are reading at home and supporting me even when I'm away!!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Happy Halloween

So Monday, we had ourselves a little party for Halloween! We decided to make costumes out of what we brought with, or in my case, spent a few Euros picking up supplies to make a costume! On Monday, after our classes, I met up with Hannah, and we ran a few errands before coming back to my room to make homemade apple cider and Oreo balls. The cider wasn't bad to make, and it made my entire building smell really really good! The Oreo balls, however, were a different story. I was the first to tackle the Oreo balls.
It was the smell that did me in. I thought I could handle it, and eagerly tried, but alas, it proved to be too much for me!
All the focus being on the Oreo balls!

Hannah was not so happy to be taking over, but she did the job well.
The bakeries had these "cookies" for Halloween, but they really turned out to be like donuts..

Helena made cookies for our party! They were pretty yummy!
Zach was the one who had a hard time with a costume, but he found one. He was Rudolph, here he is getting his nose colored red.

Jake's costume was perfect! He was the EURO BUM from the post office our first week or so here in Tuebingen. Rachel was a mad scientist (she had that coat in her closet too!) Impressive team.

Hannah was Robin, but can you guess what I am? I made it myself.
The party didn't turn out as well as we had hoped, but we had fun preparing for it. Jake got sick that night, some flu bug has been going around.
Tuesday we had free of classes because of All Saints Day, so Tuesday was spent just being lazy pretty much. Wednesday I had two classes, but in between my classes it was the day of Emily and Hannah getting crap done! In the morning we went to the BurgerAmt to register with the city of Tuebingen to live in this fine city for a year. It took us about two hours, and after that we went to class. After our first class, we met up, stopped into the Uni Gift Shop, and then went to go pick up our Scheins (certificates of our grades saying that we completed the course) from our Deutsche Kompakt Kurs. We were a little late on that one, but I found out that I passed the class (wasn't really too worried about it), and after that we split up until Hannah and I had a night English class together. Our night class is really not bad, except for the fact that when you get in the class, the professor closes both the doors and then we are baked for two hours under the lights. It gets so hot in there. It became hard for Hannah to stay awake, and I could not focus. I began to draw little caricatures on Hannah's notes, and started to let my mind wander. Our professor is a really nice guy, but sometimes it's hard for me to focus because he can't say his "th's" correctly. Imagine this is your professor, except he's reading poetry and quoting th's left and right.
This may be a little mean, but it demonstrates exactly how my professor sounds during his two hour lecture. 

After our class got out, we ran to Edeka to get some things, and then went back to my place to make dinner and watch some SVU. Rachel met up with us, we ate dinner, watched a few episodes of SVU, and then Rachel had to leave to get ready. When Rachel left, I introduced Hannah to Pushing Daisies, the best show ever! 
Love it!

Unfortunately, I did not get to enjoy it, because I got really sick and had to leave poor Hannah by herself while I was getting sick. I felt really bad, because she waited until I got back to my room before she left. Sorry Hannah! After she left, I got ready for bed and went straight to sleep. I woke up this morning feeling a little better, but still not great. I have just one class tonight from 6-8. American Poetry of the 50's and 60's. We'll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment