One Year Abroad!

Thank you all for following along as I blog about my year abroad. I will not be able to blog every day, but when I am able to post, I hope that you all enjoy! I know that it makes it easier for me just knowing that my family and friends are reading at home and supporting me even when I'm away!!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Schloss Lichtenstein

The title of this post should really be: An Attempt at Schloss Lichtenstein.

Hannah, Jake, and I made plans to go to Schloss Lichtenstein for the day not long ago. Our Professor at Valpo made a list of day trips for us to do in the area, and Schloss Lichtenstein was one of them! We found our bus and made our way there. Once we arrived, however, it started to rain. We thought, "Well, I guess we can deal with the rain". 
We followed the directions on how to get to the trail that would lead us to the castle, still determined to make it up to the castle.
Even when we saw how far up the castle was, we still were okay with walking there in the rain. Though we were a little dismayed.


 

It was then, however that we saw the sign.




 Our minds had been made up. Forty-five minutes up-hill in the rain was just a bit too much for us. So we said we'd come back some time. We then waited for the bus, and got a lovely view from the bus stop:

It was a nice try. And I'm sure we'll be back when the weather is nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment